https://cryptocolumn.com/bitcoin-mining-worth/What is Ardor?
Ardor (ARDR) coin is a scalable platform that offers BaaS (blockchain as a Service). So basically, Ardor provides blockchain services although through NXT, which is another cryptocurrency with unique program code.
There are several fundamental differences between ARDR and Bitcoin (BTC), one of the major ones being that BTC uses a different programming language altogether. ARDR is the native cryptocurrency token to the Ardor community. Initial Coin Offering (ICO) participants can find their ARDOR and IGNIS tokens on the Ardor blockchain.
In its entirety, the Ardor platform works with three members: NXT, childblockchain and the main blockchain. All the coins exist through NXT and are given to users in the form of rewards or transaction payments. Everything happens through the proof-of-stake algorithm that is known to minimize conflicts amongst miners by developing a just and fair rewarding system. Wondering where the ARDR tokens come into play? They are used to facilitate payments within the childchains.
According to Jelurida, Ethereum, unlike the Ardor platform, is free from tons of data and has a separate security protocol to enhance efficiency and speed through the creation of multiple chains.
Ignis is the first childchain of ARDR is IGNIS. The childchains operate through child tokens. They are usually converted into Ardor coins to pay for transactions originating from the main chain. Childchain users have complete control over their personal data and accounts. You don’t need permission from any party to do anything. There is also a messaging system for easy communication with top-notch encryption to avoid snooping.
Image credit: Reddit
Pros of Ardor
- Advanced architecture – Ardor is a unique blockchain technology with very few borrowed features. This project comes with the child chain feature which allows companies to build fully customizable blockchains on the parent blockchain. This makes them enjoy both top security and ultra-fast transactions.
- Energy efficient – Unlike Bitcoin, Ardor works through proof of stake, so mining competition is eliminated thereby resulting in low power consumption.
- Stamping out blockchain bloat – once the transactions on the child chains have been confirmed, they are eliminated from the main blockchain thus making it lightweight and efficient.
- Reliable and maintainable – Ardor is built atop NXT’s blockchain technology which has been operational for four years. This makes it reliable. The Java language (favored by many developers) also makes Ardor blockchain easy to customize to one’s expectations.
Cons of Ardor
- Still a new technology – Ardor is a new startup and hence hard to predict its future.
- No known ties yet – as of this writing, Ardor doesn’t have ties to renowned corporations yet.
- Complex marketing language – Ardor marketing team uses many technical terms which could scare of potential newbies. The simple the language, the easier it is for everyone to understand.
Where to buy Ardor
Ardor is listed on Poloniex, Bittrex, Changelly, and Hitbtc under ARDR ticker.
Through childchains, business corporations can create and run their own secure blockchains for easy operation. If everything goes as planned, the Ardor platform will become one of the most reliable Baas service providers in the cryptocurrency community. For now, the project is still young so (if you must) be sure to invest something you can stomach to lose.