Bitcoin (BTC) is gradually on its way to becoming mainstream, but one of the biggest problems with Bitcoin is letting users instantly buy Bitcoins.
Most of the Bitcoin exchangers accept many payment options except the credit or debit cards, such as Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. This is because of the irreversible nature of Bitcoin. Don’t panic yet!
There are so many legit BTC exchanges that have started accepting debit and credit cards as a payment method in addition to linked bank accounts. We will give you a list of legit and popular Bitcoin websites that accept debit and credit cards as a payment method.
However, regarding using a credit card, before you plan on using your credit card as a payment method, you might want to check with your bank to find out what the cash limit on your credit card is.
How to buy Bitcoin with a credit card: 5 Working Websites
We will go over 5 of the best platforms that allow users to buy BTC with a credit card. While these may not be the only websites out there, we can ensure 100% that these are real websites. You can rest assured knowing that these sites aren’t after your private keys or wallets.
Top Pick – CoinMama
CoinMama is one of the legit and popular sites where you can use your debit or credit card as a payment method to buy Bitcoin instantly. CoinMama doesn’t offer Bitcoin wallet unlike other sites, so you have to add your Bitcoin wallet address on which you will receive your Bitcoins.
- If you want to buy Bitcoins immediately, CoinMama is the best place to go.
- You can also buy Ethereum.
- 100% working website. Has done tons of business.
- Easy to use interface.
- Coinmama charges a bit higher for their transaction commission than other websites.
- For credit/debit card transactions, the payment processor also charges 5.00% additional fee. This fee will be added after choosing your method of payment.
BitStamp is also another one of the popular and legit sites that accept credit and debit cards as a payment method to purchase Bitcoins. The truth is that they have had the feature for a long time, but they recently just allow more countries to have the ability to use credit and debit card as a payment method to purchase Bitcoins. However, they have a limit of $5,000 or EUR 5,000 daily and $20,000 or EUR 20,000 monthly.
- 100% working website to buy bitcoin. Has an established track record in the business.
- Lower fees than Coinmama but has a massive fee schedule.
- Variety of methods for purchasing bitcoin, not just credit cards.
- Still has 5% credit card processing fee.
- Interface isn’t as easy to understand as coinmama.
CEX.io is another website where you can use credit or debit cards as a payment method to purchase Bitcoins. Once you have verified your account on the CEX.io website, go to the CARDS section and add your debit or credit cards. It can take 2-3 days for the card verification process to complete, but once your card is verified, you can use it to purchase Bitcoins instantly.
- Can also buy Ethereum (ETC) using your credit or debit card.
- 100% wokring website to buy bitcoin with.
- Fees are a bit smaller than coinmama. Check their fee schedule.
- Currently NOT accepting new members.
- Can take 2-3 days for card verification.
Also see: How to buy Bitcoin anonymously
Changelly is another platform that offers safe and secure transactions without revealing user identities.
- Very low commission fee of .5%
- 100% working website that has been around for a while.
- Also allows the option of swapping cryptocurrencies with one another.
- Operated by minergate which has some speculation deep within the cryptocommunity as being scammy.
- Their coin options are added and taken down frequently.
- Confusing as to how to purchase with card. You can read how in their FAQ.
Coinbase is another very popular and legit website to purchase Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin and Ethereum (ETH). Just like the other websites, they also allow you to use Visa credit or debit card as a payment method to purchase Bitcoin. Once you sign up for Coinbase, you can sync your bank account and immediately begin purchasing digital currencies like Bitcoin.
The great thing about Coinbase is that the process of purchasing Bitcoin is instant. Once your account is et up, you can enter the amount of you wish to purchase and tap the “Buy Bitcoin Instantly” button. However, this feature is only available if you are from the United States (US). If you are not from the US, you should look at the other options listed here:
- Easy to use phone app can be used to buy bitcoin.
- 100% legit company.
- Can buy multiple other cryptocurrencies besides bitcoin.
- Average fee amounts.
- Customer service isn’t their strongest point.
- Coinbase isn’t very reliable, especially in high peak trading times.
- Wait times for debit/credit card transaction are usually 1 day.
- Credit/debit card limit $1250 when first starting.
There you have it. We have covered the top five crypto platforms to buy bitcoin with a credit card like Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. These platforms are secure, legit platforms designed to get you into the cryptocurrency game quick and easy. Our top pick is still coinmama even though the fees are the highest because it is the fastest and easiest way.