What is Verge
Verge is trying to tackle something that hasn’t been implemented in cryptocurrencies yet. Verge is a decentralized, privacy coin aiming to take on security and anonymity. This is very important because moving into a more digital age will result in individuals wanting to protect their personal information. Verge uses multiple anonymity-centric networks like TOR and i2P so that transactions can remain completely untraceable. It improves on the original Bitcoin blockchain and aims to fulfill the its purpose with privacy for direct transactions. In addition, their software is open sourced and has a huge number of supporters who are constantly updating and upgrading this project.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Their blackpaper lays out a very detailed technical analysis of the uses for verge and its integrations.
- Verge is 100% open source project which did not have an ICO. The only marketing that has been done is by the majority of the verge community.
- The software is very solid and a wide agreement that verge is the safest crypto in the current market. With hacks being predominant in cryptocurrency, we need a coin that can hold security.
- Verge’s capabilities trump its biggest competitor, Monero. In terms of transactions, both speed and capability beat Monero. Verge has a limited supply of coins while Monero is infinite. Verge also offers more options of privacy such as mobile privacy and can prevent an IP address from being recalled.
- Verge is stable against bitcoin. Suffered minor losses compared with the bigger cryptos such as bitcoin and ethereum. This is an indication that verge is more than a fad.
- The verge team is continuously making upgrades and maintaining consistency. This is a good sign because it shows the team is very active and they are keeping their promise.
- The immense amount of people who use and support it. A very large team of people are helping bring this project to life. Many people agree that we need privacy in the future of digital information.
- Verge showcases a roadmap for continued development of the coin.
- Verge has partnered with some companies and applications such as Telegram and Discord.
- Verge is on a multitude of exchanges.
- They have a wallet application on their website for users to download and use. If you have an android device, you can take your verge on the go. The verge wallet is constantly being updated for added security.
- Total supply is 16.5B. While this isn’t a very big factor, it can be seen as a hinderance to some.
- There are many competitors such as Monero and Pivx. Monero’s market cap is bigger and Pivx is up and coming, but currently verge is showing steady signs of constant improvement.
Where to buy Verge (XVG)
*NOTE* If you are looking for a cryptocurrency exchange providing the best crypto-to-crypto rates on the market, check out Changelly. Note that exchange times may vary depending on network congestion.
Verge is an up and coming privacy focused coin that will continue to do great things. It has a huge community of supporters with constant upgrades and new developments. Verge has a very solid team and solid support system of developers who all come together and contribute to the main purpose. Verge will continue to become more dominant in the field of cryptocurrency privacy and anonymity.